Monday, April 23, 2012

Gossamer Lacuna





 This is my most recent painting Gossamer Lacuna. The name means a thin, translucent space or pause.   I have been working on it for a really long time. It deals with ethereal space and plays with shapes and spaces coming forward and going back and the dynamics of space. This particular painting was done on a door and has been a work in progress since 2010 and was painted specifically for a good friend of mine Tim Hinck, the style, color, line work and textures were chosen based on the person I was painting this for. He is going to be getting it this week so I thought I would also take time to share it with the world. 
(the long photo at the top is the full painting and the four photos below are just close up shots of different segments of this piece.) 

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I've been enjoying your blog...it's a nice reminder that there is more to the world than the facts and formulas I'm learning about these days.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...